***RULES FOR 2018 & 2019 COMPETITION***
The Chinese Crested Dog Club Dog of the Year Competition
Run in conjunction with the Chinese Crested Club of GB
Our 50th Anniversary year 2019 will see the first TOP DOG competition go Live, with a special event allowing all the Top Dogs of 2018 to come together and compete in a Super Match. In order to qualify for this prestigious event, we will be amending the points allocation to ensure our top dogs are fairly represented at this event and this is outlined below. Our point categories remain the same with the titles of Dog Of The Year, Puppy of The Year, Veteran of the Year, Powderpuff of the Year, Special Beginner of the Year, Breeder of the Year and Exhibitor of the Year. We will produce a league table and the end of year we will invite all qualifying winners to the Live Top Dog Competition which will be held in February 2019
Points are awarded as Follows
All Championship Dogs Shows including CCDC & CCCGB
3 points for a class Win, 2 for a 2nd and 1 for a 3rd In Crufts Qualifying Breed Classes
1 Additional Point for a RCC
2 Additional Points for a CC
1 Additional Point for BOB
1 Additional Point for BPIB
1 Additional Point for BVIB
Group Places gain points as follows - 4 for G1, 3 for G2, 2 for G3 and 1 for G4
For Boston and Belfast (No CCs) Breed Class, BPIB & BOB Points are the same with just 1 additional point for BD/BB
CCDC and CCCGG Open Shows
3 points for a class Win, 2 for a 2nd and 1 for a 3rd In All Breed Classes
1 Additional Point for a RBD or RBB
2 Additional Points for a BD or BB
1 Additional Points for BIS
1 Additional Points for BPIS
1 Additional Points for BVIS
Best Breeder will be counted by an accumulation of all points relating to each Affix
Best Exhibitor will be counted by an accumulation of all points relating to each Owned Dog or bitch
The Rules – please read carefully as there are some changes:
- To be awarded points you must have beaten at least one other dog. IE if only one in a class no points awarded, if 2 only to the winner etc.
- Points will only be taken from your highest placed class if more than one class has been entered – points will not count from multiple classes
- Top Puppy competition points come from Puppy classes and awards only and puppies will no longer be listed in the Top Dog Competition until they turn 12 months of age, or unless they gain points in adult competition or main awards.
- Top Veteran competition points come from Veteran classes and awards only and Veterans will no longer be listed in the Top Dog competition unless winning points from awards outside Veteran classes or BVIB
- For best Exhibitor In the case of joint ownership, points will only be accumulated for each Partnership and cannot be split across individual owners
- Breeders Points are calculated by Affix and in the case of no registered affix no points will be awarded in the Breeder competition
- Special Beginners is Dog/Owner/Handler not to have won a CC or RCC in Any Breed (Note: Points in Special Beginners classes at champ shows will count only in the special beginners competition and not the main categories as well)
- Any Dog not featuring in the top 20 for Top Dog but attainting a Top 10 placing in the Our Dogs Top Dog competition for the breed will be invited to compete at the 2019 event.
To be eligible for Awards all owners must be fully paid up members of the Chinese Crested Dog Club
Invitations will be sent out late December for all qualifying to attend the live event which will be held on February 24th at centrally located Weedon Bec Village, Northamptonshire, just off the M1.
Top 20 Ranked for Top Dog, Top 20 Ranked for Top Puppy, Top 10 Ranked for Top Veteran, Top 10 Ranked For Top Powderpuff,* please note we have the right to change number going through to the top dog competition depending on total figures in each category at the end of the year.