CHINESE CRESTED DOG CLUB RULES
1. THE CHINESE CRESTED DOG CLUB The club is for the benefit of Members and will not be classed as a trading business. So that all profits from any source, functions or activities of the Club shall be maintained for the benefit of and for the further education members in the Management, Training, Exhibiting, breeding. Judging and every aspect pertaining to the Chinese Crested Dogs.
2. Shall consist of a Patron, President, Vice-President, Honorary Vice-Presidents and Life Members. An unlimited number of the Members duly recorded in a Membership file kept by the Honorary secretary/treasurer and open to inspection of members and the Kennel Club at all reasonable times. Candidates for membership shall be proposed by one of Member and seconded by another on the official form, balloted in by the Committee, a majority vote being required for acceptance. Both the proposer and the seconder must have been fully paid up members for at least 2 years.
3.a. PATRON, HONORARY VICE-PRESIDENTS and LIFE MEMBERS Nominations must take into consideration that the Officers are intended to confer the Clubs greatest honour on one who has done much for the Breed or Club. Patron: term office 5 years. Honorary Vice-Presidents elected for Life.
3.b. PRESIDENTS and VICE-PRESIDENTS The Office is intended to confer services to the Breed. Term of office 3 years each with voting powers. Nominations are the prerogative of the committee, to be taken from Honorary Vice-Presidents.
3.c. HONORARY SECRETARY, HONORARY ASSISTANT SECRETARY and HONORARY TREASURER Term of office 3 years, each with voting powers and eligible for re-election. Election at the AGM by secret ballot.
3.d. CHAIRPERSON of the CLUB Term of office 3 years, with voting powers plus casting vote. Election at the AGM by secret ballot.
3.e. VICE-CHAIRPERSON Term of office 3 years with voting power. Election at the AGM by secret ballot.
3.f. COMMITTEE and MANAGEMENT The management of the Club will be by the Officers defined in Rules 3b, 3c, 2d and 3e plus a Committee of 12. Terms of office 3 years, each with voting powers. All eligible for re-election. Election at the AGM by secret ballot. At the discretion of the Committee any casual vacancy in Officers or Committee may be filled for the remainder of the year, without voting powers. Committee meetings shall be held as often as deemed necessary. Any Committee member absent without reasonable cause from 3 consecutive meetings shall cease to be a member of the Committee. Any candidate for Officer/Member of a Committee must have been a fully paid up member of the Club for 2 consecutive years, prior to the year of election. The Committee may form Sub-Committees. The Chairperson and Vice-Chairperson shall be ex-officio Members of all Sub-Committees with voting powers.
3.g. All elections shall be conducted by Postal Ballot of all the members eligible to vote as described herein, all appointments will be by a simple majority and become effective at the AGM.
3.h. a) That there should be no more than 2 members of any one household on
the committee at any one time.
That there should be no more than 1 member of any one family or household serving as an officer of the committee at any one time.
3.i. One Officer and a third of the Committee offer themselves for re-election each year in rotation.
3.j. Vacancies on the Committee caused by resignation, retirement, death or other reason shall be filled at the next Annual General Meeting. Except that the person so elected will serve for the term of the person he/she replaces.
4.a. FINANCES The financial year is 1st January to 31st December. SUBSCRIPTIONS For adult membership & Junior membership (without voting rights) shall be an amount as agreed by Members in general meetings and notified to the Kennel Club. Subscriptions are due with the joining fee on approval of membership and on the 1st January each year (those joining in the final quarter, fees cover the following year). NON-PAYMENT Subscriptions must be paid by 31st January for entitlement to the privileges of membership, after which membership will be deemed to have lapsed and new Membership will have to be applied for.
4.b. All monies received shall be paid into a bank account in the name of the Club. More than one account may be maintained. All accounts shall be operated by the Treasurer and any one of the following – the chairperson, the secretary, the Vice Chairman.
4.c. The Treasurer must provide at every Committee meeting a full up-to-date set of accounts together with the latest bank statement(s) of all bank accounts held by the Club. And be prepared to answer any queries raised by the Committee. Certification of accounts must be carried out by one qualified accountant, or two unqualified individuals with accountancy experience, unconnected to the committee. The certified accounts will be made available on request to members fourteen days prior to the AGM.
5. BOOKS of the CLUB A report for the business transacted at all meetings shall be in a minute book kept for the purpose by the Secretary. The Secretary and the Treasurer shall keep the books of accounts showing all receipts and expenditure. No Member or Officer of the Club shall incur any kind of liability in the name of the club. Such liabilities shall be incurred only by the Secretary or Treasurer with the authority of the Committee and no Member shall make use of the Chinese Crested Dog Club for the purpose of private advertisement or personal letters without written permission of the Committee.
6.a. MEETINGS, ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING Shall be held in March/April at a time and place appointed by the committee to receive reports from the Chairperson and Treasurer, statements of the accounts (copies of which are to be made available at Club events and on written request to the Treasurer). To conduct necessary secret ballots and, to elect Auditors. All those retiring being eligible for re election. Preliminary notices will be sent to paid up Members, indicating the closing date for receipt of nominations and items for the agenda duly proposed and seconded by paid up members. The agenda will be sent three weeks before the meeting.
QUORUM Not less than 12 members present shall form a quorum and no other business other than that itemised on the agenda shall be transacted, with the exception of routine affairs or those which in the opinion of the chairperson, are urgent
6.b. SPECIAL GENERAL MEETINGS these may be called at any time by written request to the secretary, signed by not less than 25 of the membership stating the subject to be discussed. The committee shall also have the power to call such a meeting.
6.c. COMMITTEE MEETINGS Agendas will be Emailed, Facebook Messenger or posted at least 14 days before a meeting and five shall be form a quorum of which two shall be officers.
EXPULSION OF MEMBERS Any member who shall be disqualified under Kennel Club Rule A11.i.(5) and/or disqualified under The Kennel Club Rule A11.i.(9) shall ipso facto cease to be a member of the society. If the conduct of any member shall, in the opinion of the Committee of the Club be injurious or likely to be injurious to the character or interests of the Club, The Committee of the Club may at a meeting, the notice convening which includes as an object the consideration of the conduct of the member, determine that a special resolution to expel him/her. Notice of the SMG will be sent to the accused member, giving particulars of the complaint and advising the time, date and place of the meeting, a resolution to expel is passed by a two thirds majority of members present and voting, his/her name thereupon cease for all purposes to be a member of the club, except that s(he) may within two months from the date of such meeting, appeal to The Kennel Club upon which and subject to such conditions as The Kennel Club may impose. Members expelled shall not be entitled to recover any portion of his/her subscriptions or to have any claim against the club, its officers or committee.
PROPERTY of the CLUB This shall be controlled by the Committee, who shall have the power to make all necessary by laws dealing with any matter not provided for in these Rules.
DISSOLUTION The club shall not be dissolved except by a majority of two-thirds of the members at a SGM called for that purpose. All assets of the Club shall be disposed of at this meeting. 31 days’ notice of the convention of such a meeting shall be sent to all fully paid Members in writing by the Secretary.
10. RULES Alterations and additions can only be made at an AGM or SGM, the
notice for which contains specific proposals to amend the rules, by two-thirds majority of those present and cannot be implemented until approved by the Kennel Club.
11. COURT of APPEAL The Kennel Club shall be the final Court of Appeal in all matters of dispute.
12. FEDERATION The club shall not join any Federation or Society of Clubs.
13. ANNUAL RETURNS The Officers acknowledge that during the month of January each year, Maintenance of Title Fee will be paid by direct debit for the continuance or Registration and that by the 31st July each year, other returns as stipulated in the Kennel Club regulations will be forwarded to the Kennel Club. The Officers acknowledge their duty to inform the Kennel Club of any change of Security during the course of the year.
14. No person whilst an undischarged Bankrupt may serve on the Committee of or hold any other Office or Appointment with a Kennel Club registered Society.
15. The Club must maintain an up to date list of members ‘names and their addresses and, if so requested make the list of names available for inspection by the Kennel Club or members of the club.
April 2022 These rules supersede all previous rules.